Better Living uses affiliate links. If you make a purchase through them, we may receive a small commission (for which we are deeply grateful) at no cost to you.
*This post is sponsored by SPLENDA. The opinions and information presented here are all ours.
Do you have spring fever? We sure do! Maybe you’d like to bake up some delicious treats to celebrate the warmer weather, the singing birds, the blooming flowers and the Easter season without all the sugar? Then we’ve got the recipe for you!
If you’re looking to cut back on the sugar for you or someone in your family, but still want to whip up a pretty plate of sugar cookies this Easter, than try Splenda’s own recipe for No-Sugar Sugar Cookies! Instead of using the usual white stuff that isn’t super healthy and has been known to have us pack on the pounds, this sweet, but sugar-free cookie recipe is made with a granulated version of SPLENDA® No Calorie Sweetener.
Made specifically for baking, granulated SPLENDA® not only tastes just like sugar but, measures cup for cup like real sugar. It can be used almost anywhere sugar is used and stays sweet at high temperatures, so it can be used in not only baking, but cooking too. This means you can greatly reduce the calorie and carbohydrate count in all your favorite cookie, bread, muffin, baked good recipes and sweeter dishes.
I have yet to meet someone who doesn’t like a cookie. And with a similar texture to a shortbread, these No-Sugar Sugar Cookies make a great substitute for the sugar laden ones. They’re perfect for decorating too! All you need to do is collect some ingredients, start rolling out that dough and grab a few of your favorite spring and Easter cookie cutters. We found an adorable set of cookie cutters with a bunny shape, egg shape, flowers shape and a carrot shape. They pretty much scream Easter and all things spring and, we’re absolutely loving it.
While we were happy to leave behind all the sugar calories and carbs with this recipe, there’s no reason why we couldn’t get creative and have some fun making them look super cute and pretty.
Need some sugar-free recipes to decorate your cookies with? Try Splenda’s Sweet ‘n Simple ‘Powdered Sugar Glaze recipe or search the recipes on Splenda’s website for some great zero and low sugar frosting recipes to decorate your cookies with! Ready to start baking?
No-Sugar Sugar Cookies
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup light butter
- 1 cup SPLENDA® No Calorie Sweetener, Granulated
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup egg substitute
- 1/4 cup water
- 3/4 teaspoon vinegar, white or apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups cake flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a cookie sheet and set aside.
- Blend together the butters, SPLENDA® Granulated Sweetener and vanilla in a medium mixing bowl with an electric mixer, or by hand until completely combined. Then add in egg substitute, water and vinegar. Mix a little more and then add flours, salt and baking powder. Mix on low speed, until dough is formed. Do not overmix.
- Place dough on a lightly floured work surface and divide into two balls. Pat each half into a thick disc and cover with plastic wrap. Chill dough
- After chilling, roll out dough on a floured work surface to about 1/4 inch. Cut with your cookie cutter of choice and then place on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake cookies for 10-12 minutes or until very lightly browned on the back. Allow cookies to cool before decorating.
See the original recipe here: No-Sugar Sugar Cookies
Shop SPLENDA® For Sugar-Free Baking: Granulated SPLENDA® No Calorie Sweetener!