Better Living uses affiliate links. If you make a purchase through them, we may receive a small commission (for which we are deeply grateful) at no cost to you.
It’s hard to believe that it’s almost fall. I know, it’s crazy. That means kids are heading back to school, routines will be changing from summer to fall, and schedules are about to get hectic for some of you. While we all have those busy times in our lives it’s important to try and eat cleaner and healthier no matter what we have going on. It’s times like these that we need food that is convenient. But that doesn’t mean it can’t be healthier even if we are short on time.
For a quick and easy recipe for a busy weekday night try this cleaner pizza recipe for Mediterranean Style Pizza sausage, marinated artichoke hearts, Greek-style olives, sundried-tomatoes, feta and a cauliflower pizza crust.
To keep this recipe quick, I chose to use a prepared cauliflower pizza crust that I bought in the frozen pizza section of my local grocery store. You shouldn’t have trouble finding one since they seem to be more popular than ever. Not only is it delicious and healthier (check the label) than a wheat-based crust, but it’s a great way to sneak in an extra serving of veggies if you’re feeding any little or big family members that are picky.
Serve your pizza with a tossed garden salad and you have yourself a quick yummy meal. As for the sauce? Use your favorite prepared sauce or if you have your own amazing secret family pizza sauce then please use that one instead.
Get the recipe!
Mediterranean Style Pizza Sausage (Cauliflower Crust)
- 1 prepared cauliflower pizza crust (or crust of choice)
- 1/3 cup pizza sauce, prepared or your favorite recipe
- 1 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 link Chicken Sausage, sliced and browned
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup feta cheese
- 1/4 cup marinted artichoke hearts, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup Greek style olives, pitted and sliced
- 1/4 cup sundried tomatoes
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees (or follow according to your crust's instructions).
- Heat a heavy bottomed pan or skillet on medium-high. Add the olive oil and brown chicken spinach sausage slices. About 2-3 minutes per side. Remove from heat.
- Top prepared cauliflower pizza crust evenly with pizza sauce. Then evenly cover with mozzarella cheese. Continue topping the pizza with artichokes, Greek-style olives, sundried tomatoes and then chicken sausage. Finish with a sprinkle of the feta cheese.
- Bake your pizza according to the crust's instructions or until the cheese is bubbly and the crust looks golden brown. About 10-12 minutes. Remove from the oven and let stand for 2 minutes to cool down.
- Slice the pizza in 4, 6 or 8 slices. Your choice. Serve and enjoy!